Friday, December 5, 2014

The Perils of Blogging at Lunchtime from Work

The Perils of Blogging at Lunchtime from Work

I'm new to this whole blogging thingy so I'm still getting the hang of it. Also, I have a few handicaps. Not physical, or mental, well that's debatable if you to talk to my family. No my handicaps are that I do most of my blogging from my phone using several different apps that I have to copy and paste between, and that's not even the difficult part. The really hard part is that I write and post during my lunch break which may be from 11:30am to 1:30pm depending upon what crap has hit the fan that day.

Take yesterday when I wrote the Bird Sh!t post. I started that at about 11:45am and finished around 1:10pm I think. But as my wife pointed out when I got home, "You missed a bunch of words."

I went back and reread it, huh! I sure did. There were words missing, "get" should have been in one sentence. The word "with" should have been "without", that changes the entire meaning of the statement! I can't remember the other ones but I fixed them as I went, and added some more content to the story since I was in there anyway.

One of the issues is constantly getting interrupted by phone calls, and/or having to run out to the plant to fix things during 'lunch' which we really don't get if we stay in the building. If something breaks, it needs fixed, usually immediately, because we run constant production. So if a PC or a printer or a scanner goes down, that slows or stops production and that isn't good for anybody.

If I'm in the middle of typing my blog and a help desk call comes in, and I need to go out and fix a printer or a scanner, that's what I do. Then I come back and try figure out where my train of thought was before I got interrupted. I'm not complaining, that's my job. It comes first! But I think that's how words get "missed".

Either that or I have seizures when typing and think I already typed that word! I could go with that! What do you think? No? No, the meds have been working for a while, they won't let me use excuse anymore.....

p.s. If you find errors in this story, ignore them, eventually they'll go away.

1 comment:

  1. As a member of said family, the mental handicap issue is debatable. Love you Dad. Haha

    ReplyDelete